Rabum Duang Dao
- Title: Rabum Duang Dao (ระบำดวงดาว)
- Also known as: Dance of the Stars/Star Dance
- Duration: 16 Episodes
- Genre: Drama
- Popularity: Rating of 14
- Air time: Wednesday - Thursday (Prime Time)
- Broadcast network: Channel 3
- Broadcast period: Aired August 26, 2010, Ended October 21, 2010
- Theme song: "theme song" Artist Name
- Company Name: Polyplus - Baan Lakorn
- Director: Orapan Watcharapol
- Oil Thana Suttikamul as Payut
- Lydia Sarunrat Visutthithada as Mei
- Ploy Chermarn Boonyasak as Namwan
- Au Tanakorn Posayanon as Watit
- Airin Yoogthatat as Rommee
- Prem Busarakamwong as Pete
- Sun Prachakorn Piyasakulkaew as Mai
- Joy Sopitsuda Ithimetin as
- Krerk Chiller as
- Surint Karawoot (Woot) as
- Pawinar Chaleewsakul as
- Dang Tanya Sophon as
- Sathaporn Nakwilai as
- Ekapan Banleurit as
Mei, the nang’ek played by singer “Lydia” Sarunrat Visutthithada, won’t be your typical prissy nang’ek. She is a good person, but does not act ’sandee’, like a good girl. She will shake her tush, show off her cleavage to succeed in the Thai entertainment industry. Her image is of a sexy tough girl. Really she is not like that at all. She is a just a poor girl trying to make it big, so that she can take care of her mother and younger siblings.
On the other side of the spectrum, we have Namwan, our villain played by Ploy Chermarn. Namwan is pretty, rich, and a famous leading actress. She has been in many lakorns and is very popular among audiences. On the surface, she seems like a good person. Behind the scenes, she has many secrets and is just crazy. Namwan has slept her to the top, she only associates with people who will make her be a star. Namwan is having an affair with a famous plastic surgeon name Watit (Thanakorn Posayanon) to maintain her beauty. She sleeps with him in order to keep it a secret that she has had plastic surgery done before.
Namwan’s archenemy is Rommee (Aerin Siripon), a famous actress too. Rommee usually takes on the sexy girl roles. Rommee and Namwan do not get along at all because Rommee knows Namwan’s true self–that Namwan is a faker and not as innocent as she pretends to be. Their hostile relationship worsened when Mei enters the Thai Entertainment industry. Mei and Rommee become fast friends and Namwan becomes even more ticked off with Rommee. Mei is new and fresh, a rising star. Namwan sees Mei as a threat to her stardom and does everything possible to tarnish Mei’s image and career.
In the midst of all this girl on girl drama, we have reporter Payut (Oil Thana). Though everyone sees him as just another shabby reporter, he is not. His family is pretty wealthy, his father owns a large newspaper company, he just out in the field learning the family trade. When Mei is being bullied by Namwan, Payut is there to help her.
Credit: Lyn's blog
Trivia or Interesting Info about this Lakorn
- Although Ploy's character is a Nang'Rai, she gets a lot of screen time.
- During one of the episodes, Lydia's song Y.O.U is featured in here as she's performing/singing the song.
- A song that Lydia's character sings behind stage, although Ploy's character is lypsyncing to it onstage, is a song by Amary.